Friday, June 25, 2010

Guilty Pleasures: TV

We all have those little obsessions, may they be secret or openly worshiped. Most of mine fall under one category: television. If it weren't for my satellite dish and DVR, I'd be far less happy and way more productive. But who needs constructive activity when I can procrastinate on my couch, salivating over Alexander Skarsgard on True Blood? And if it's not the deliciously evil Eric Northman distracting me from house work, then it's ABC's latest stab at the ever popular "Fantasy Meets Reality" genre, The Gates. My DVR, being the good little pet that it is, accidentally recorded the pilot episode this past Sunday, and although I have yet to decide whether or not it will be worth the time, the eye candy that is Colton Haynes is very much appreciated. If you haven't had a chance to see this beautiful (yes, I said beautiful) man in all his glory, then you should really venture on over to ABC.com and check out the pilot. He's incredibly attractive for being a male model (That's a huge contradiction, I know I'm aware. Male models soul purpose is to walk around being..attractive. Somehow I find that very unappealing all the same.) If it's not obvious by now, I've fallen under the spell of Hollywood's evil plan to suffocate us with vampire/werewolves/shapeshifty things and I'm only slightly embarrassed by these guilty pleasures of mine.


And yes, before you ask - I already have my tickets to the midnight showing of Eclipse.


Now aside from the obvious swoon worthy undead/wofly male leads of todays most popular shows, I've been (unwillingly) sucked into another series for reasons unrelated to the men in the show : Pretty Little Liars. Because there aren't enough over-dramatic soap opera-esque series revolving around cliquey high school girls, ABC Family had to add to the list with this lovely chestnut based off of the books by Sara Shepard. 


Now that I've spilled my guilty pleasures, what are yours? Are you a True Blood fan? Do you plan on going to Twilight Saga: Eclipse? 

1 comment: